These dark places.........

journaled on 2.15.11


"On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63:6-8


I have went through a dark season. During this time, I have been so discouraged and felt so far from God. I would try to connect only to find myself frustrated and ready to throw in the towel. I did feel like He keep prompting me to wake up early. But I excused it away. I was working through a bible study on Ruth, but still feeling that my walk with the Lord was hard. I had went to a weekend conference, only to find myself so distracted that I could not focus. I felt that I was in a downward spiral. During this time, I attacked relationships. I hurt family and a very precious and close friend. I fed into the lies of Satan. I begin to believe that I was alone and I let bitterness take root and those roots are hard to kill.

So I felt for some reason to look up"wings" in the bible. I know that sounds strange. So I have been looking it up for the last couple of days. There are alot of verses in Exekial and Revelation describing Heaven and Jesus' return. But, in other places it is always a place of refuge. Although it is dark, it is comfort. As I have been praying, I have felt like God has been telling me you have been in my wings along. When you thought you were in darkness, you were......but it wasn't what you thought . I wasn't far from you, I was trying to cover you and protect you with my wings. You just needed to be still enough to realize where you were at. Maybe that is why he has been calling me to get up early and be still before him. In a quiet house, I can really be still at his feet. So now, I am going to take refuge in this place and sing in these shadows.


May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.” Ruth 2:12


Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17:8


How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 36:7


He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4

Comments

  1. So glad you have a blog...your writing encourages so many. And that profile pic of you is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute to a Hero - Major James B. McWilliams

The Eve of the Sweet By and By

Am I adequately equipped?